- Server - Windows Server 2008 - 64 bit
- Client - Windows XP / Windows 7 - 32 bit
- To deploy printer connections by using Group Policy, your environment must have the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) schema
- Driver - You need both 32 bit and 64 bit driver in this case. You can add additional driver using Print Management. Now a days there is Universal Driver available for Lexmark & HP printers. Printers driver 32 bit & 64 bit both of them has to be exactly same name and version.
- You need PushPrinterConnection.exe 32 bit version because it will run on the client side. So Run this into every pc joined in AD using GroupPolicy Management->Compuer Configuration->Policies->Windows Settings->Scripts(Startup/Shutdown)
- Print Management to Install Drivers and Printers & Deploy it via GroupPolicy
- PC is already joined to AD
- PC will run PushPrinterConnection.exe during startup. You can do it by GroupPolicy.